Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Review : Evisceration - Hymn To The Monstrous

In 1994, Portugal's death metal/grindcore outfit, Evisceration, released Hymn To The Monstrous, their one and only full length album, and follow up to their 1993 demo, In The Flesh. I acquired this one from Nuclear War Now for $5.00, which is a heck of a deal for a CD that I enjoy a great deal. Truth is, I didn't know anything about this band when I ordered this CD, and it only made it onto my order as a last second substitution for a different CD that had ended up being out of stock. Lucky accident at best. Not to mention the a death metal mood had taken over my purchasing habits at just that time, so that really was kind of a perfect storm of conditions that lead to Hymn To The Monstrous ending up in my Denon.


Read the rest of it...


captainzoli


Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

No comments: